Friday, February 12, 2010

Micah James Hayek, Age 3

Micah blowing out the candles on his birthday cupcake.

His new pillowcase from Mama.

The hood of his Batman towel from Dad. Doesn't he look cute?


The rest of his hooded towel - I think Jeremy did awesome!

His new quilt from Nana.


Micah is 3 years old today. Where has the time gone? I can still remember the day he was born - waking up with contractions and going to the hospital only to be sent home, Jeremy being sick in bed, my Mom and I shopping with the kids through my contractions, until finally going back to the hospital and having Micah an hour and a half later. Micah is the first and only baby so far that I have had to deliver without having my husband there. Jeremy mentioned today that maybe that's why Micah looks so much like me - because he wasn't there. He actually suggested that if maybe he wasn't there when the new baby was born, maybe it would look more like me, too! I told him to forget that one!

So Micah is now 3. We had homemade sugar free chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese peppermint frosting (I'm not sure it was my favorite - I like cream cheese and peppermint, just not together!). We also had homemade chocolate mint ice cream. I think Micah liked his presents. He got a new quilt from Nana and Papa, a new homemade train pillowcase from Mom, and a homemade hooded Batman towel from Dad. We also got to go to the movie store in town and pick a movie to watch tonight. Micah wanted to see Monsters vs. Aliens...again. So here they are, at 10 pm just finishing the movie. But they only get to stay up late once in a while.
I'm trying to think of some funny things about Micah to post, just to give you a glimpse of this cute little guy. When we get to go outside (when it's not raining), he loves to hang a light saber from his pocket, get on his trike and ride. It's very cute. It's just not the same without his light saber, I guess. He has this thing for shoes. He loves to switch in and out of them just because he can. He has a pair of church shoes that just slip on that he loves to play with. A few weeks ago, he wore them to church (hence the name "church shoes"). But after church, I saw him in the fellowship hall with his rain boots on! He must have slipped over to the house when Rob and Josh came to let the dogs out, and changed his shoes before coming over for refreshments! What a character! He loves to play playdoh, and destroy his brother's pictures. He loves to play with Thomas trains, but throws a temper (and the tracks) when the train track gets broken - even if he is the one who did it! But for all of his aggravations, he is a delight - especially when he toddles up to me with a wide grin, and outstretched arms and says, "Mommy, I love you!" There are no sweeter words to a Mom's ears.
Happy birthday, Micah!!!

4 comments:

Anna said...

What a cutie. Happy birthday. That towel is awesome. How did you make it? I know a little girl who would LOVE one of those.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures Tricia. Looks like another birthday we just had, different child, similar hat, similar quilt, similar towel and similar pillow case. And the sweetest thing about it is your family loves homemade things and I think thats great! Thanks for sharing those pictures and the great things about Micah James. You guys are doing great with the children and teaching them some real values in life, I'm proud of your accomplishments Tricia & Jeremy! Happy Valentines Day to all. (Nana forgot all about it until today, so needless to say, cards will be late. Love, Mom

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

A very homemade birthday! Love the hooded towel!

LizyBeth said...

Micah is 3?!! I remember the day he was born and the few days before- where has the time gone? We miss you all very much. Can't wait to read another update on the Hayek family. :)