Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just so you know, dear reader, that in this blog my plan is to share my heart. I was thinking about it this morning, and the Lord laid it on my heart that if I am going to have a blog, it should be to honor Him. So that said...

Robby and I had an issue last night. He was caught looking at his football cards when he had been told to get ready for bed. Oh, he had his pajamas on, but had not brushed his teeth, nor come out to tell his Dad or I that he was ready for bed. Needless to say, I was not happy. I lectured (yes, Mom, soap box and all) that we would ground him from his football cards if we needed to. I also asked him if he had not felt guilty at all sitting there looking at them, knowing that he was not being obedient, and he told me no. So he walked away, and I started sighing and praying in my heart, asking God to get a hold of him. I know that I can share the Lord with my kids, but I can't make them choose Him. That they have to do for themselves. So anyways, I was disappointed and frustrated. Then after he had brushed his teeth, Rob came back to apologize to me, and told me that he had lied. He had felt bad about what he was doing. I told him that was the job of the Holy Spirit - to convict of sin. Then I gave him a hug and sent him to bed. But that was so exciting to me. To see that the Lord had been working on his heart. I prayed that God would continue to draw him to Himself. I just thought that was too exciting not to share!

No comments: