Monday, October 5, 2009

Runaway Baby

I just had to share what happened with Anna today. It was our day off, and as usual, we went into town. We had a wonderful day in Trinidad...we visited the marine biology lab of HSU, took a hike by the beach, and met the homeschool group at the park in Eureka to let the kids play. Then while at Costco...we had just gotten a few items, and were back at the van. I was loading the things into the trunk, and Jeremy was correcting one of the kids inside the van. I turned to get something else out of the cart, but it wasn't there! The cart had started rolling away and was several parking spots away before I noticed it - and Anna was still sitting in the front seat - as if nothing was wrong! I yelled at Jeremy and we both took off running after the runaway baby. Thankfully, no cars were hurt in the transit, and baby is doing fine, too. She didn't even realize what was going on. Phew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! Bet that was a scary feeling, and she doesn't even know how to drive yet, ha ha. Grateful it all worked out well. I love the picture of you with the sunflowers. Love, Mom

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

That happened to me at Target. I didn't even notice until someone said, "Um, is this your child?" I was so embarrassed! I learned a huge lesson that day. Always put in the younger children first, don't think the cart will automatically stay there!